Sunday, May 26, 2013

Favorite Color...


I have pots in every room of my house- a collection that goes back nearly 30 years.  (NOTE: in pottery world, any piece of pottery is lovingly referred to as a 'pot')  Besides discovering a piece that begs to come home with me, nothing thrills me more than meeting the artist whose hands created it.  Even better: a little visiting (spoken like a true Minnesotan).  

This was my inspiration for entering the blogging world: for YOU, my friend, family, customer or CREEPER to get a sneak peak at what I'm all about.  What makes me tick?  Where do these crazy ideas come from? How do I make the 'stuff''?  Who knows.  Maybe my husband will even learn a little about his mate of 21 years.  :o)

ANYHOO.   Back in the studio.... Lots of the awesome blue pieces you see featured in my collection has its beginnings with (appropriately named) Power Turquoise!  Nearly every piece of handmade pottery you meet is not one, but several layers of different colored glazes, creating rich, deep hues.  Below: wine glass bottoms don their first coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment